Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Engagement Photos

We finally got around to doing our engagement photos last weekend (read: Superbowl Sunday). We've been engaged for about 9 months now so I guess it was about time to get around to these. We're "frugal" and we didn't want to spend too much on these. I want all the extra cash we can manage to go to the honeymoon and the reception or as I like to call it the "after party." We opted out of getting a professional photographer and instead dragged toted my best friend all over Roswell with us.  Cost $0.

These are just a sampling of the rough photos. There's plenty of photoshopping to be done, but I must admit that I am very happy with these proofs. I wore a vintage inspired dress from Pinup Girl Clothing that I had received for Christmas. Cost $0 (thanks Mom).  Mr. Fiance wore one of his favorite suits that we bought during a 60% sale at Dillards a few years back. I can't remember how much we paid, but he's worn this enough times to work that I can hardly justify it as a cost.


We did all of our photos outdoors at public parks and in public spaces. So that also cost us $0.


Hair was done with my awesome set of hot-rollers (under $25 I might add). I was once a sponge roller girl myself, but Mr. Fiance doesn't let me wear them around him. Apparently they're a bit unattractive and I can't say I disagree with him.

My make-up came from a smashbox make-up kit which was also a Christmas gift (Thanks Mr. Fiance's Mom).



In total these photos cost us about $2.00 and about half a day of walking around. We ended up snagging some books at a thrift shop we happened to pass in case you're wondering where that money went.

I'll be sure to post the final photos once I've finished the photo editing. I just love my engagement photos and I'm so happy we decided to do them on our own. So what do you think, Readers? Did they come out okay?

5 comments:

DFWgirliegirl Housewife said...

they look wonderful!!!!

Atomic Mum said...

They look lovely. Congrats, 9 months late.

K2 said...

Very cute. I especially like the one of you two kissing. Very romantic.

Sarsaparilla said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your friend did a great job with the photos - but it certainly helped to have such a darling photogenic couple. :)

When is the wedding date?

kellywelly said...

Love the pics. You make a great looking couple x