Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday Y'all! (I'm marring into a southern family. I have decided that qualifies me to use that word.)

Hoping you all had a great weekend! We finished some painting and attended a fun lunch meeting with friends. We also watched a few hours worth of 1954 Sherlock Holmes TV series featuring Ronald Howard.


I picked the complete series up at Target this past week. Best $5.00 I have ever spent. Besides being incredibly entertaining, there's some really hilarious moments between Watson and a few other characters as they try to describe the eccentric behavior of Mr. Holmes. My favorite line has to be "He was beating a corpse with a stick." To which Dr. Watson replies "I beg your pardon?"

If you're also a fan of the 50s take on Holmes and you don't feel like making the drive to your local Target you are in luck! You don't have to spend $5.00 to enjoy some of these episodes, most are available for free online.

Other freebies this morning include these pictures of some fabulous late 70s-early 80s shoes compliments of my mother.


Modeled by my lovely younger sister Briana. I'm only slightly creeped out by the weird smilie faces painted on her toes. I would feel better about them if they didn't have whites around their eyes.


These were the shoes worn by my Mother when she married my Father in August of 1981. They've lived in her closet ever since and have held up remarkably well. The last time I remember seeing these shoes was when I wore them for some 1970s themed school spirit day back in Jr. High School. I'm thinking I might try to get her to send me these. They just might be able to finally fulfill my lust for white strappy pee-toed shoes for summer. Plus, they're already part of the family. And as we all know, the Rubys fit right in with that 1970s vibe. What do you think? Good frugal find from my stylish Mama or not so much?

No comments: