Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Last Guys and Dolls Post I Swear!

The director of the show, Ms. Tammy Barton, sent me some great photos to post on the blog. So sweet of her to give me these for $25V. She must understand the troubles of New Old Camera. Luckily for me and all my future projects my NEW NEW CAMERA came in the mail today. Holy SLR Batman! I love it!

Now I can request fancy lenses for the next few holidays and not have to strain too hard to come up with gifts. I know that sounds weird, but very rarely need anything. I'm pretty content to make do with what we have so it's always difficult for me to come up with things I want for gifts. Luckily (well, unluckily actually) my camera broke this year so my birthday present was easy to choose. Happy Birthday to me! In case anyone is mildly curious I hit 24 at 2:15 this afternoon. Now I can rent cars! Sweet!

Anyways, enough chatting! Here are the last of the Guys and Dolls Photos compliments of our director.

Better picture of the Hotbox Gals. Love my awesome show-girl headpieces. Very fun, super easy. Anyone interested in a tutorial?

Oh! Em! Gee! feathers! You can also see Nathan's maroon pinstripe suit here. Gotta love interesting menswear.

A much clearer shot of the general cast costumes. You can see the hilariously ugly wedding dress I created for the show on the left there. Love it!


Hotbox girl and Nicely-Nicely Johnson. Blue Pinstripes = awesome sauce!

More of the ugly wedding dress. The dress was a great find at $25. It was actually quite pretty before I chopped it up and added some tacky "bling."

Benny South-street. Tell me you don't love the powder-blue sports coat. 

And another shot of the guys costumes. Really loved doing the guys for this show. I could go really crazy with this show so I did. Plaid, Blue, Old Man Coats, Purple Pin-stripe suits. So good.

Hope you all had a great labor day! Anyone do anything fun? I went to Dragon*Con, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that post.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congratulations, again! All the cotstumes look spifferific. Will you be doing more costuming in the future, maybe?

Nancy said...

Lisette: I would love to! Costuming is soooo much fun. Next time I'm hoping to have a little more time so I can actually do some designing and construction. This production was for a very small theater company for a small production, but I'd really like to work on a larger show with a larger costume budget sometime. How's your show going? Work work work I'm sure.

Tasia said...

Congrats! It must be so fun putting theatrical outfits together, when you don't have to consider your own wardrobe or your regular life. Great job!